Tuesday, January 29, 2008

Urgent Prayer Request

Dear family and friends,

Today is a departure from my typical stupidity to ask for your prayers. I have a friend who is going through something horrible and desperately needs to feel God's peace, comfort, guidance and direction TODAY. Unfortunately, the details are much too personal to discuss here, and I realize it's very difficult to sincerely, fervently, and effectively pray for someone when you have no details. But I'm asking you anyway. I'm calling upon those of you who are faithful prayer warriors to PLEASE set aside a few minutes each day to lift up my friend. Call her Jane Doe, if you want to, God doesn't care. He knows who she is and what she needs. God knows every detail. This person is going through trials that would break the heart of every mother out there. I'm even going to pray for YOU that God won't let you rest until you remember to pray for HER, so how do you like them apples?

Here's how I'm praying for her today...

That God will:
Let her feel His presence in her life and in her situation today.
Show her He's with her in the midst of these heartbreaking circumstances, and has not abandoned her to her suffering.
Give her comfort, and increase her faith to be able to persevere and trust Him.
Show her clearly what path He wants her to take and give her peace about that choice, and the endurance to follow that path.
Help her to remember He has a purpose in this. "For I know the plans I have for you," declares the LORD, "plans to prosper you and not to harm you, plans to give you hope and a future." Jer. 29:11
Open the doors of blessing in her life, and give her the desires of her heart.
Remind her she is loved and is not alone.

Thank you, Everyone. I know God will lay this person on someone's heart and mind today, just as He has put her on mine. Let's get to work and lift her up!

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

I Prayed and will continue to pray! God will give her the miracle that she needs!!!!

Anonymous said...

It is done!

Tina, KCMO

Anonymous said...

Whoever this Jane Doe is, she is extremely lucky to have a wonderful friend like you.