Saturday, March 21, 2009

Ultimate Blog Party 2009

This is my first year to participate in the UBP! For any first-time visitors out there, I'm Michelle and this is my blog (stating the obvious is just one of the many services I provide at And Sam Makes Seven).

First, a little about myself and my family: I'm a married, Christian, stay-at-home, homeschooling mom, with six children, from almost 8 to almost 19, three grown step-children, and 3.8 grandchildren. My husband of almost twenty years, Darrell, is my best friend and the glue that holds our hectic life together. I'm an adult adoptee as well as an adoptive mom to a seven year old sweetpea from Hubei, China (adopted in 2002), so adoption is a subject close to our hearts around here.

This blog started out two years ago as a way to chronicle the adoption of our seventh child (the "Sam" from the title). During the ups and downs of trying to adopt, it has morphed into so much more than that. You will hear about everything here. Mostly, I will talk to you the way I'd talk to a friend sitting on my couch. Sometimes it's interesting... or not, sometimes it's funny (if to no one else but me), but it's always me- the real deal. I often forget that I'm speaking to an audience and sometimes say things that maybe I shouldn't (I embarrass myself frequently that way. In other words, if the topic of ladies' undergarments-mine, in particular- troubles you, this may not be the blog for you).

Anyway, you are welcome here! Feel free to look around and get to know us. Don't forget to leave me a comment or sign our guest book, so I can get to know you, too!

10 comments:

SisterTipster said...

Hello! and Welcome to the party!
I'm a SAHM that homeschools with adopted kids! So neat to read about your family!
blessings
SisterTipster

homeschoolblogger.com/SisterTipster/

~*Michelle*~ said...

Hi there! Just popping in from UBP and wanted to touch base with all the "Michelle's" ....super happy to find another Believer too!
Peace
*~Michelle~*

Laura L. said...

Have fun with the party. I may have to pop over to 5 Minutes For Mom to check that out.

The last line of your 2nd to last paragraph made me giggle. A giggle is always fun.

Anonymous said...

Another Michelle here, love your blog.

Colette S said...

Nice to meet you!

Talk about a party!

I'm quite intrigued and am learning how to get around!

Just stopping by from 5minutes for moms blog party!

Michelle said...

Yet another Michelle! I think its hilarious that all the Michelle's want to get in touch with each other.
your family sounds awesome! good for you guys : )
xoxo

Anonymous said...

Hi! So nice to meet you! Party hopping and participating too so stop in for a visit.

kw said...

I am party hopping and found your super cute blog. I am following you now. Come visit us when you get a chance!

thesnailstrail.blogspot.com

Teresa @ Grammy Girlfriend said...

Hi, just stopping by on my first Blog Party. I love it. Hope you will stop by and see me. Though I am relativity new to blogging, I am loving all my new friends.

I am giving away my first EVER BLOG PRIZE. I have a gift basket business and it is the most requested gift over the last 15 years. From the comments I have already received, appears to be something a little different and something anyone could use.

I have been so touched by the comments that I
have decided to give 2 boxes .
They will be the $100 deluxe size. I really do want to bless people!!! I want my blog to encourage others. I have decided that giving is life at its BEST. The drawing will be Saturday!

Anonymous said...

Hello! Poppin’ in from The Ultimate Blog Party…all the way from Queensland, Australia! G’Day! I hope you have time to visit my party soon.

I'm giving away Pink Champagne Shower Syrup from Jaqua Beauty...stop on over and enter! Ends April 8. Open to USA.

Ta!