Wednesday, November 5, 2008

Where in the World is Sam? Location Revealed

Many of you caught onto that last clue and guessed correctly that we are hoping to adopt from...




Drum roll, please...
Oh, come on. That was pitiful. Give me a little more than that.
Better. Thank you.








Pyzam Glitter Text Maker




TA-DA!


If you didn't figure it out, you could click on the picture from the last clue, and see the file was named Majuro airport, which was a big, big hint. Congratulations to all who guessed it!

The first to catch on (and with the very first clue!) was Stacy , who didn't come right out and say the Marshall Islands, but let me know she was onto me with this comment:

"I'm 99% sure I know which country, but I'm not going to say specifically because I didn't get it from your clue, but from a comment made on a previous post and I message on a different yahoo group that I think was yours and thus that almost feels like cheating. Why I picked up on these things I don't know! But I'll say if I'm right nobody has guessed it yet, it's a country name usually referenced with two words but I think officially is really three. If I'm right I bet you know what I mean (and if you think that's saying too much, feel free to delete/edit!)..."

Stacy wins the highly coveted "SUPER SLEUTH AWARD" for catching on so quickly. Congrats, Stacy! She also gets to go around obnoxiously saying, "First!" all day long.

The person who first mentioned the Marshall Islands by name was Rachel after this clue. This was the clue that seemed to confuse several of you, but Rachel got it, so she wins the prestigious "SMARTY PANTS AWARD" Congrats to you, too, Rachel!

That was the clue that said:
"The area we've chosen to (hopefully) adopt from is not actually on any of the seven continents. It is in a region associated with one of them, obviously, but not ON one of them. (Here's a bonus hint, just so you won't hate me too badly. We're trying to adopt from an area associated with a continent that begins with the letter A, but another, more specific, name for this region begins with an O. Most people don't use the term with the O- most people use a term beginning with a P. Most people assume that this area with the P belongs to a different continent beginning with an A, but it doesn't. It belongs to one of the other A's)."

The A was Australia. The O was Oceania. The P was Pacific Islands, not the Phillipines. The "different continent beginning with an A" was Asia. Make sense?

From worldatlas.com: OCEANIA, the smallest continent, is one of the most diverse and fascinating areas on the planet. A large percentage of geography experts now consider the long-established continent of Australia to be more accurately defined as Australia/Oceania. Collectively it then combines all of Australia, New Zealand, Papua New Guinea, as well as the thousands of coral atolls and volcanic islands of the South Pacific Ocean, including the Melanesia and Polynesia groups. Oceania also includes Micronesia, a widely scattered group of islands that run along the northern and southern edges of the Equator.



Congrats to all who guessed correctly! You each get aPyzam Glitter Text Maker


as a token of my highest esteem (whoopidee doo). And thanks to everyone who joined in and played the game!

I'll post tomorrow about how the homestudy went, and everything that's been going on around here.

4 comments:

Rachel said...

AWESOME!!!!!!!!!! We are really thinking hard about this and I will be selfishly thrilled to follow your progress!!!

Congratulations!!!!!!!!!

Anonymous said...

YAY!!!!!!!! That is freakin' awesome! So can you school us on MI adoptions? I don't know a THING about them!!

Kelly said...

That is wonderful! Congratulations.

Anonymous said...

Congratulations! That's HILARIOUS! You left the name on the photo!?! You're such a goober.

I've never known anyone to adopt from Marshall Islands. I cannot wait to follow along.