Wednesday, August 20, 2008

Care for some bad attitude?

I was informed the other day by one of my teenagers (who thinks they didn't have cuss words or vulgar language back in my day... hee, hee... Boy-oh-boy, could I teach him a thing or two) that saying, "That blows," is nasty and I shouldn't say it.

His exact words were, "Um, Mom? I'm not sure you know what that means. You probably don't want to say that. That has another meaning, and you're actually saying something kinda bad."

Muwahahahahha!

I personally don't see the difference between saying "blows," and "sucks." Either one could have a crude connotation, if that's where you want your mind to go, could they not?

I don't like using either word when I'm in polite circles, but I'm rarely in polite circles, and this is my blog, so today, I say... School Blows. If you're offended, I'm sorry. I'll change it to, "School Sucks," if you prefer. Those are the only two terms that appropriately describe the kick-off of our first week of homeschool. Nothing's going right. I'm struggling to find a schedule that works for everyone, as usual. I'm struggling to get myself motivated and inspired. I'm struggling to remember the long-term goal and why I started doing this in the first place. I want to give up, but I sure as heck don't want to put the kids in public school. I just want to go back to bed. I want to run away. I want to... get a job at Burger King. Anything. I don't care. I just don't want to be here, sucking at this job God has dumped in my lap, and failing miserably at everything I attempt to do. I want to wake up from this dream and be on a beautiful beach somewhere, with a 24" toned waist, only one chin, and boobs that actually sit on my chest, where no one is reminding me of my failures. No one is waiting for me, expecting from me, needing something from me... But then of course, if that was really possible, I wouldn't be a mom. And that would suck even worse.

My homeschooling friend, Lanie, has put her youngest child in high school this year and gone back to working outside her home. She has abandoned me. So she, too, blows. I have no other homeschooling buddies. There are just a few families in town who homeschool, and we have a tiny homeschool group for meetings and field trips, etc., but I don't have any other local buddies like Lanie. So life sucks, and I'm all alone in the suckitude.

Not only does homeschool suck (and/or blow- your choice), but Evan comes home from school yesterday to tell me some psycho kid who sits behind him in two of his classes is constantly talking to himself, saying things like, "Pretty soon everyone's gonna be dead, and I'm gonna be dead." Then he rams his desk into Evan's back. Welcome to public school, Evan!!! Obviously, I'm calling the school today (I'll go on record as saying the kid's name is Ricky Something. In case something happens, I would suggest Psycho Ricky be questioned first).

So, how's your week going? Lunch is over. I gotta get back to school.

7 comments:

Hubbards said...

I'm sorry things are not going well in the homeschool department right now. I will say a little prayer for you!!

Anonymous said...

I got in trouble as a teenager for saying "sucks" or "blows."

I remember the first time I heard an adult use the F-word. I asked, "Where did YOU hear that word?" I thought it was something another kid made up!

Anonymous said...

Oh my word, I so know what you are talking about with wanting to be somewhere, anywhere that no one wants anything, expects anything, or reminds you of your failures. Wanna hop a plane to Hawaii with me? Sigh... if only...
K~ wants to homeschool again. But I'm pretty sure it's mostly because she's an introvert and she really doesn't want to start at a new school. And to be honest, I don't have it in me to homeschool right now. Ok, if God really wanted me to (and told me so in a loud, booming voice) I could do it - but I wouldn't be very happy about it. That said, I think you are doing a great thing for your kids and I'm saying a prayer right now that God will give you the inspiration/encouragement you need to be excited about homeschooling this fall. And also to keep you safe from Psycho Ricky.

Angel said...

I was LAUGHING so hard reading your wish to be on a beach with a teeny waist, one chin and boobs that stand at attention. OH LORDY if I had a dollar for every time I have wished that!!! Youth is wasted on the young. So sorry you are struggling... that blows and sucks. Angel

Angel said...

OH PS!!! FREAKY goings on at school. I hate that we live in a world where we have to worry about that kind if stuff but ALAS we do. That blows too. ;0) Angel

Anonymous said...

I'm just putting off starting homeschool until after Labor Day. Of course, the fact that our virtual charter school hasn't bothered to get our curriculum to us really helps with the procrastination thing. It sounds like Ricky something or another must have a life that really sucks. Now lets just hope he doesn't blow everybody up!

sassy chic said...

Okay Chelle, precious, I am still here for you even if I am not homeschooling anymore. So lets go to lunch, no, really, lets go to lunch and get you out of this suckitude! I can regale you with all the wonders of the "outside" world! And by the way I am home early everyday. And do I need to call the school about Psycho Ricky as well? That just makes my skin crawl and my stomach hurt!