Thursday, March 20, 2008

HAPPY FIRST DAY OF SPRING!

"Do not spoil what you have by desiring what you have not; remember that what you now have was once among the things you only hoped for." EpicurusSpring, to me, is Hope. The dead, cold, ground begins to sprout grass. There are buds on the trees. Flowers bloom. Birds chirp (which does become annoying pretty quickly and then I hate them, but work with me here, people)... Everything ugly becomes beautiful again. The ultimate Do-Over! Hope is such a precious gift. Even in our worst moments, when we are absolutely sure it has died, it takes a few timid steps out of the dark to let us know it's still there. It tells us to keep going. Keep believing. Spring is Birth: The birth of second chances, new beginnnings... fresh hope.
May the first day of spring bring fresh hope to each one of you, with an appreciation of the One whose mercies are new every day- the Creator of spring and of hope! Peek out from your long, dark winter and Choose to see the beauty and hope of spring. And, YES- I realize I've gone all Hallmark Card-ish on you... No, I have not been drinking. Yes, I do feel like I could vomit in my mouth a little bit over it. But what I've said is still true. Just ignore your gag reflex and accept it. "Yet this I call to mind and therefore I have hope: Because of the LORD's great love we are not consumed, for his compassions never fail. They are new every morning; great is your faithfulness. I say to myself, 'The LORD is my portion; therefore I will wait for him.' The LORD is good to those whose hope is in him, to the one who seeks him..." Lamentations 3:21-25God bless! Happy Spring! And if I don't talk to you before, Have a blessed and happy Easter!

No comments: