Tuesday, June 12, 2007

Still Nothing

A few of you have asked what we've heard about our homestudy... Nothing, really. I emailed the agency yesterday and was told that they received quite a few homestudies on the same day as ours, so that's going to slow it down a little. She also repeated that they will contact our SW if any changes are necessary. So, hopefully it won't be much longer, and we'll hear from one or both of them about it soon. I appreciate the interest, though. It's so nice to know people are thinking of us. I'm really hoping to get our I600A submitted before the big fee increase (which I believe is towards the end of July??), so keep us in your prayers that the homestudy will be approved soon. I have my I600 app. all filled out and ready to go, just waiting to have a homestudy to submit with it.

I'll let you know as soon as I hear something! You know, the "hard waiting" hasn't even started yet!!!

Also, are there any BTDT folks reading who have experience with applying for adoption loans and grants? From what we understand, we can start doing that once we have our homestudy- but we don't know much about it. We didn't do it last time. Leave a comment, or email me. Thanks!

I'll let you know as soon as I hear about our homestudy! Again, thanks for thinking of us.

No comments: