Monday, June 18, 2007

I600A on its way

Our I600A is going out in tomorrow's (Tues., 19th) mail. We'll post just as soon as we hear something. I'm curious to see how long it takes this time. It didn't take that long for our last adoption and we're sending it to the same place, so hopefully our wait will be a short one.

(A quick recap for those who don't know what on earth I'm talking about... The I600A form is a request to bring an orphan into the US for the purpose of adoption. This form is going to a USCIS district office, which is also where we'll go to get our prints done. After they get it, we wait for them to send us a notice to appear on a certain date to be fingerprinted. After that's done, we wait for them to issue the 171H- which is their approval for us to adopt. This process can take weeks or sometimes months.)

No comments: