Tuesday, June 5, 2007

Greetings PAPs, APs, and Other Acronyms...

It's funny... I started this blog to keep our friends and family updated on our adoption, BUT... the majority of our visitors are those from the adoption community- people we've never met, who found us through my link on an adoption group; People who have traveled, or are traveling the same road we're on (and some of our relatives still haven't been here yet!). Things don't always happen as we plan; sometimes it's better! I love having so many visitors- the more the merrier! I've already "met" some fellow WACAP pioneers, and I'm so glad to have found you. I hope to learn from you as you blaze the trail! I must say, I'm continually amazed by the amount of support, helpfulness, and strong sense of kinship that exists in the adoption community. It's great to have you here, I'm just not sure I can hold your interest- I'm not a writer!

I've had several people asking about our family and kids, soooo... For those of you who don't know us- We are Michelle and Darrell; 40 and 49 yrs. old. We live in the midwest and have been married 18 yrs. We have 6 kids, as well as Darrell's 3 adult children from his first marriage. Their ages are: 27, 25, 21, 17, 15, 13, 8, 7, and 6. We adopted our youngest from Hubei, China in '02. We are also a homeschool family (and yes, we are busy). We are anxiously awaiting the opportunity to bring home a precious baby boy from Vietnam. That's it in a nutshell, and probably more than anyone wanted to know!

We heard that our homestudy draft made it to the agency today- YEAH! Now, they're waiting for a few things from us that I put in the mail last week. When they have everything they need, they will review our homestudy and let us know if we're approved (I hope, hope, hope...). We'll let you know as soon as we hear something!

No comments: