Monday, April 20, 2009

Itty Bitty Update

I heard from a mom in Majuro today and she told me Sam is doing great! The foster mother is awesome and taking very good care of him. What a HUGE answer to prayer! Since the time I heard he was being fostered, I've been praying he would be in a loving home where he's happy and well-taken care of and it sounds like he is!

We have to be at the airport around 5:00 am Thursday morning and I'm just about ready to become a raging alcoholic. The house is trashed. The laundry is backed-up, since I haven't had time to do it for the past couple days (which is an eternity around here). My mother arrives tomorrow. We are still not completely packed (almost, though). I feel like I'm forgetting something really, really important. I'm tired. My mind is racing. I keep repeating myself. I keep thinking I've said one thing, when actually I've said another (which is causing "discussions" with the hub...
"Darrell, I just told you this."
"No, you didn't. You said that."
"No, I'm sure I said this. I distinctly remember saying THIS! I heard it come out of my mouth."
"Well, I just heard you say THAT!"
Get the idea?).

I've gone completely, totally stupid- as in, I can't keep anything straight and I keep saying things that make no sense. The other day, I started telling Evan how to behave while my mother is here, and he said, "So, is this your fun way of telling me I'm no longer going with you?" Oh, yeah! I totally forgot he's coming with us on the trip! Yes, I've got it all together. Pray for me, people.

This will be my last post before I go. I'll try to get some pictures up ASAP and hope to be able to blog a bunch while I'm gone. For my friends and family in real life- See y'all in about 5 weeks! Hopefully, I'll be back in my right mind by then.

11 comments:

Laura L. said...

Wow, I can't imagine the excitement and busyness at your house at this moment.
I'm sure you do feel like you're about to lose it, yet so excited at the same time.

I wish you a peaceful last few days before leaving. It will all get done.

Have an awesome trip and I'll pray for you guys. It's on my calendar.
Can't wait to see your updates!

Chandra said...

Have a safe trip! Can't wait for photos and updates.

Christina Hubbard said...

I am praying for safe travels and that you enjoy the time you are there! I will also pray for the ones waiting at home!

Anonymous said...

I wish you and your whole family the very best. Here's praying everything goes well. Can't wait to hear all the update from the RMI

LaLa said...

So excited for you. I am happy he is being well cared for. Annslee was in foster care and it made such a difference : ) Safe travels!!

Lina said...

You're so funny. Just get on the plane with your paperwork and everything else will be fine. I'm so totally excited for you and cannot wait for your adventure to begin!!!

Anonymous said...

I totally get that losing my mind thing at times like that - don't worry, one way or another, you'll be on your way soon! Have a great trip, can't wait to hear all about it!

Tami said...

You are taking me down memory lane here...I acted like this EVERY time we went to Russia/Ukraine. You'll be fine. I doubt you'll forget something too important. Just take a deep breath and remember that little guy you'll be seeing in just a few days! :) We'll keep praying for you! :)

Nicki said...

soooo excited!!!

Rebecca Hoffmann said...

My prayers are with you!!!!!! I am so excited for you!!!!!!

Anonymous said...

have an amazing trip! i'm so excited for you and am dying to see pics of you all together! yay!! safe (and exciting) travels!!