Monday, December 17, 2007

Bring on the Christmas Music!!

If you're one of those people who gets irritated when a blogger sets music to play automatically, you'll have to keep me on mute until after the holidays because I LOVE CHRISTMAS MUSIC! And here- on Chelle's Blog, where Chelle is the Boss- we are going to have Christmas music until Chelle decides to take it off. Come on- don't be a Poopy-pants, Scrooge. Turn it up, grab a sugar cookie (it's always about the food with me, isn't it?), and enjoy!!!

(Edit- OK, after making my threats to torture you with auto-play music, I found I'm not as tech savvy as I'd hoped and it's not working well. I'm tired of trying to monkey with it. For the most part, you only get a small snippet of each song unless you click "launch stand alone player" at the bottom of the play list, then you can listen to any of the songs you want in their entirety.)




"...I have always thought of Christmas time, when it has come round... as a good time; a kind, forgiving, charitable, pleasant time: the only time I know of, in the long calendar of the year, when men and women seem by one consent to open their shut-up hearts freely... And therefore, uncle, though it has never put a scrap of gold or silver in my pocket, I believe that it has done me good, and will do me good; and I say, God bless it!" A Christmas Carol, Charles Dickens

"My Christmas Tree" By Tuck

"Jesus Wants to Give Me a Hug and an Angel is There, Too" By Brianna



"A Happy Snowman" By Olivia

A few quick thoughts, then I'll leave you to enjoy your cookie(...s): How many of us would ever say "No" to a gift that was carefully and lovingly chosen just for us? Most of us would view that as rude, or even heartless. We would never casually toss a gift aside and move on to something "more important" while the giver eagerly waits to see our response. We'd never dream of saying, "No, Nana! I don't want your stupid hand knit socks!" Out of love for the giver, we accept the gift. We appreciate the gift. It becomes valuable to us because the giver is valuable to us. Correct? Warning: Jesus Alert!! Here comes the sales pitch-God chose a gift for you, far more valuable than anything from your beloved Nana, spouse, or best friend. Maybe you've never considered God much, or His part in your Christmas celebrations. Maybe you've already asked Him for something that He hasn't given you, or feel like you're waiting for a "sign" or an answer from Him. He may never solve all your problems, nor did He ever promise to do so. He may not ease every ache and pain. He may never pour material blessings and money upon you. But He took the best gifts He could offer- forgiveness, redemption, eternal salvation- wrapped them up in swaddling clothes and lays them at your feet. What will you choose to do today with THE Gift? How will you respond today to the Giver?

The main point of Christmas,
boiled down to its simplest form, is this:
God likes you!
He thinks you're worth saving.
You are valued.
Your life matters.
You are in His thoughts today.
Is He in yours?
YOU are treasured
by the Almighty Creator Himself.
And He went to great lengths to make sure you know it...
You are loved!
What an awesome gift that is!
~God bless you~
Have a Very Merry Christmas,
from our family to ours!

No comments: