Monday, December 17, 2007

When Adoption Goes Wrong
Most Americans who adopt children from other countries find joy. But others aren't prepared for the risks—and may find themselves overwhelmed.
By Pat Wingert NEWSWEEK
Dec 17, 2007 Issue Updated: 3:16 p.m. ET Dec 8, 2007


Have you seen this Newsweek.com article yet? If not, be prepared- this is not something cheerful and lighthearted to start your day with, as I'm sure you can surmise from the title. Once again I'll keep my judgments and opinions (of which there are many) to myself, and allow you to form your own. This upsets me on so many different levels, I wouldn't know where to begin anyway. Taken along with a couple of recent posts from Mrs. Broccoli Guy about this article, I'm really starting to wonder what in the world is wrong with people. Disturbing and heartbreaking.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I saw this article on another blog. It is heartbreaking. It is hard to understand how someone who worked so hard for so long at such heavy expenses both financially and emotionally could do something like this. I know this happens out there in the world, but my naive mind makes me think it should only happen to mean people who didn't want their children, or people with mental disabilities that would cause them to do this.... things that should be caught in the 5000 different visits/applications/doctors reports. I am so saddened by this story...

On a happier note... I am so happy that you have power.!!!! I have been keeping up with your story and was just about to nominate you for Survivor. LOL.