Monday, May 28, 2007

Can I Shop Yet?


Okay, so is it my imagination, or are there adorable baby things everywhere you look? I must be crazy to be getting caught up in looking at baby stuff, but I can't help it. I've bought a few little blankies and an Asian diaper bag, but that's all so far. That's not too bad, is it? At least I'm not buying clothes yet. I realize that would be beyond nuts, since we're months away from a referral. But I must admit, I've looked. I've held the adorable, soft, cottony little sleepers in my hands and thought, "If I hold on to my receipts, maybe..."

We're going to need everything for this baby, and I do mean EVERYTHING! We got rid of all our baby things, because Darrell had seemed so closed to the idea of another baby for the longest time. I thought we were done. He SAID we were done! Of course the fact that we need to buy everything again is just adding to his worries about the expense. So, I guess I better keep the shopping under control a little longer and try not to compound the poor man's stress! ... But, I did see the cutest little stuffed giraffe. I need a 12 step program.

Actually, Darrell is jumping the gun, too- just in a different way. He keeps checking the prices of plane tickets! We don't even know when we'll travel and he's trying to figure the price of the trip. I check crib prices and he checks airfares... We're both nuts.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hey! We are a WACAP pioneer family too!

Anonymous said...

That's great! Be sure to check in from time to time and let us know how you're adoption is progressing. We'd love to compare notes with another WACAP family. Best wishes on your adoption. Thanks, Alice!