Friday, September 7, 2007

New Name... For Blog and Baby

As you can see, the title of my blog has changed. One reason is that there are so many blogs with the words adoption and/or journey in them that it's becoming harder all the time to differentiate. I apologize to the few out there who have a link to my blog on theirs and will have to change the name. Sorry to be difficult.

The other reason is to share with all of you that we have chosen a name for the new baby. We have settled on "Samuel" (Sam). The name came to me one morning while reading my Bible. I've always loved the story of Hannah and Samuel and realized one day that Hannah's feelings kind of "fit" mine regarding this adoption. After praying and struggling so long, believing this is what God wanted for us and leaving it in His hands to tell Darrell, He did (finally!) and I was overjoyed.

"I prayed for this child, and the LORD has granted me what I asked of him. So now I give him to the LORD..." I Sam. 1:27

Samuel sounds like the Hebrew for "heard of God" and I definitely have been. For some amazing reason, God continues to not only hear my prayers, but to answer them and bless me over and over again. He's so incredibly good to us and constantly amazes me with His ability to bless me so far beyond what I ever dared to hope for.


Of course, Sam will not actually be our 7th child. He's my 7th, but our 10th. Darrell's 3 older children are all wonderful people, so this is not meant as a slight to any of them- I'm not leaving anybody out!! But you gotta admit "And Sam Makes Seven" has a better ring to it, than "And Sam Makes Ten," huh?

Baby Sam's middle name is still up in the air. I love the name Ezra (another Biblical name) because it's kind of funky and you don't hear it much, but I also love the idea of incorporating my late father's name (Robert) in there. too. My dad would have gotten such a kick out of all these kids. He was a wonderful Papa! He never got to meet Brianna, but he would have loved her like crazy, and I believe he would have been excited for us to adopt again. We also have to consider the fact that we will keep some part of Sam's Vietnamese name, too- so we're talking a looonnnnggg name here. Any suggestions? If you have thoughts on names, we're open to hearing them, as long as you don't get offended if yours doesn't get picked!

So, there you have it... What does everybody think?

{You'll notice down there on the lower right side, I have a section called "The Refrigerator Door" to let the kids show off their masterpieces. Olivia has drawn a picture of herself with baby Sam. All the kids are so excited about another baby in the house (Mama is too!)}.

No comments: